12th December 2019
Hosted by The Allens Hub, a joint initative by Allens – Linklaters and UNSW.
Heath Behncke, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager at Holon Global Investments speaks on the future of digital currencies and why it is so important for Australia to be involved in Libra.
A consortium led by Facebook is proposing a new global digital currency called Libra. Hosted by the Allens Hub for Technology, Law and Innovation, this forum provides an overview of the big picture and emerging controversies around Libra, and the issues it raises in technical, business, legal and regulatory domains.
The expert panel comprises Professor van der Meyden, Dr Anton Didenko, Professor Ross Buckley and David Vaile from UNSW, and special guest Heath Behncke from Holon Global Investments, who discusses a range of topics, including:
- What is Libra, and what’s the link to blockchain?
- Libra’s business model and payment system plans
- Digital currency regulation, ‘FinTechReg’ and Libra
- Potential impact on ‘the unbanked’ in the second and third world
- Personal information and AML/CTF and KYC issues
The Allens Hub